Pages

Saturday 2 July 2016

Back In The Saddle! More tasty Goodness On The Way!


Having a physical affliction slows you down somewhat and certainly puts a dampener on ones enthusiasm for certain things, and as I have been suffering for a few weeks with a painful leg it has meant that I have spent little time standing at my stove for any length and indulging in my favorite pastime....cooking! But thank goodness things have turned the corner and the old bones are getting back on track and I feel re-energized and ready to light the fires under the pots once more.

Having to stay off my feet for the majority of the time has had its advantages in that I have dragged down from the shelves groaning with cookbooks, some old classics that I haven't read through in many moons and discovered some old recipes that I haven't cooked in a few years and some that have never seen the inside of a saucepan or an oven!

New discoveries can stimulate the imagination and can develop wonderfully into something new and exciting and copious notes have been made for future meals and recipes which I will share with you over the coming months.

Soon to follow will be a sweet paprika and pork casserole, 'Scarborough Fair Chicken'...and if you know the song you will know it will include parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme! there will also be a delicious 'breakfast on the run'...a running out the door healthy breakfast...and so many other delights to get the taste buds watering...so until then, check back soon....later on today in fact!


No comments:

Post a Comment